Origin of The Association
Alumni Association of Education, BHU
relates to the present Faculty of Education
established as Teacher's Training College
(TTC) in 1918 by our illustrious founder
Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya Ji.
The Association earlier existed in the name of OLD BOYS' ASSOCIATION : TTC Benares Hindu University till early sixties.
The Old Boys' Association was reborn as 'ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF EDUCATION, B.H.U.' ON 27th APRIL 2004 after a meeting of teachers and students in the Teacher's Club of the faculty.
Among teachers Prof. Asha Pandey, Dr. H.C.S. Rathore, Dr. P.C. Shukla, Dr. G.C. Bhattacharya, Dr. Seema Singh, Dr. S.K. Singh, Dr. P. S. Ram, Dr. Anjali Bajpai, Ms. Alka Rani, Mr. Sanjay Sonkar and Mr. Lalta Prasad were present.
Amongst student representatives Mr.Skand Gupta, Mr. Ashutosh Kumar Prajapati, Mr. Shambhu Nath Singh, Mr. Arvind Kumar, Mr. Rahul Kumar and Mr. Akhilesh Kumar Jha (2003-2004 session) were present on the occasion.
The first general body meeting of the newly constituted Alumni Association of Education (AAE), B.H.U. was held on 28th April 2004, after the annual day celebration of session 2003-2004.
It was a historic moment when the goals of AAE were read out before the galaxy of pupil-teachers and teacher educators, and momentos were given to all the outgoing students of the session.
The moment was full of thrill and joy for each one present on the green and lighted lawn of the Faculty of Education at Kamachha Complex of Banaras Hindu University under the open sky.